Let’s go hiking!
There are numerous National Parks in the Scenic Rim
and three are located near Clandulla.
Tamborine National Park (20mins from Clandulla Cottages)
Queensland’s first National Park (since 1908), Mount Tamborine has many natural attractions including beautiful waterfalls, lagoons, rainforest and eucalyptus woodland. The park has 14 sections for visitors to explore making it the perfect day trip.
- Curtis Fall Track (1.1km / 30mins)
- Cedar Creek Falls (900m/ 30 mins) – swimming is allowed in some of the rock pools
- Cameron Falls (Knoll Section – 2.6km/ 1h)
- Witches Falls circuit (3.1 km/ 1h)
- Macdonald Rainforest Circuit (1.4km/30 min)
Lamington National Park (40 minutes from Clandulla Cottages)
Walk upon cloud-drenched mountains, over rugged cliffs, roaring cascades and crystal clear creeks of this beautiful and ancient World Heritage-listed national park. With many easy and short tracks, everyone can enjoy this beautiful Rainforest, a spiritual place of the Yugambeh people.
- Centenary track (1.8km/ 30mins)
- Bellbird lookout (2km/ 1h)
- Tree Top Walk – O’Reilly’s Rainforest (1.5km/30 min)
- Caves Circuit (5km/1.5h)
- Moran Falls, Green Mountain Section (4.6km/ 1.5 hours)
Find out more:
Springbrook National Park (1h from Clandulla Cottages)
Submerge yourself into this lush subtropical rainforest with its spectacular waterfalls, cool ancient forest and songbirds. Visit Natural Bridge to see the unique waterfall and admire the thousands of glow worms in the cave or stand on the suspension bridge and feel the spray of Purling Brook Falls. Enjoy the drive through the scenic Numimbah Valley on the way to Springbrook and don’t miss out on the “Best of All Lookout” (600m / 30 min).
- Natural Bridge Circuit (1km/1hour)
- Purling Brook Falls Circuit (4km/ 2hours)
- Twin Falls Circuit (4 km/ 2 hours)
- Cascade Track (1.6km/1hour)